Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pieces of Revenge: Review

From Goodreads:
A weapon. A broken life. A humanity lost. 

That is all Anastasia knows, that is all that she is. As an eleven-year-old, she witnessed her family's brutal murder and she's been on the run ever since. She's spent her life training and planning for the day when she can take her revenge. 

Kallos Enterprises is a well respected corporation, set on improving the genetic structure of an individual. Or so they say. Anastasia knows, first hand, what kind of monsters lurk behind the pretty walls of those skyscrapers. Armed with combat skills and a beyond perfect memory, she heads to Chicago to uncover the answers to questions that plagued her for years. 

After arriving in the city, she meets Logan, a boy from her past who changes all the rules. She doesn't remember him, but he remembers her. His position at Kallos Enterprises is useful, his presence is unnerving, and he makes her question everything she knows about herself to be true. If her perfect memory can't remember Logan, what else about her past is wrong? 

Time is running out. Anastasia has nowhere to turn, but to trust the one person who's a memory she should have, but doesn't. With a madman threatening their every step, Anastasia and Logan must uncover the truths behind Kallos experiments and hope that the answers they find won't destroy the world forever. 

My Review:
Oh, I really enjoyed this book! Pretty darned action packed, and when there's a memory story, with someone/something that isn't remembered, it's interesting, like Unforgettable, though in a different way, because of various ages, reasons why, and that kind of thing!

Anastasia was really interesting! I wanted to know more about her, about her life, and watching her struggle through everything that was going on, between her need for revenge, Logan, and everything else, it was just so entertaining!

I had some suspicions about Logan, I mean, that he remembers her, but she doesn't remember him, and she's the one with the memory thing? That just screams, conflict, because hey, someone had to do that to her, and the first guess is him!

Really enjoyed how it ended, it has my want for the next book pretty high, and I want a lot of sequels, and have a lot of books on my mind! Even if I personally can't remember, the internet in the form of this blog, and Goodreads are there for me!

Yeah, this was a fantastic book, really enjoyed it so much, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Valia Lind
Series: Titanium Series #1
Read: December 16th, 2014
Source: Good Choice Reading Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Self Published
Published: November 20th 2014
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

Bio:
Name: Valia Lind
Occupation: Superhero by day, Writer by night.
Place of origin: St. Petersburg, Russia
What I write: Anything that comes to mind
Favorite color: Anything bright
Favorite flower: Lily
Favorite book: Persuasions by Jane Austen (among others I can't think of at the moment)
Favorite time of the year: Winter (I love cold, and snow)

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!