Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Wicked City: Review

From Goodreads:
Whatever June Coffin says, goes—literally. And it's not just because she's a chain smoking rebel. As a Siren, June has the ability to force people to obey any command she voices. But in a world where those with supernatural powers quickly become lab rats for science, she'd rather look out for herself than fight on the front lines…until her similarly gifted twin brother, Jason, is captured by Chicago's Institute of Supernatural Research.

To save Jason, June has no choice but to enter a hidden world of conspiracy, murder—and strange bedfellows—including a widowed paranormal advocate whose memory June accidentally erased, and a fiery paranormal separatist leader. Soon the lines between attraction and strategic alliance become blurred. But in a city exploding with paranormal crossfire, and her brother's life at stake, June will have to face her inner demons and finally take a stand. 

My Review:
Oh, this was so good! Loved this world, and these characters, it was just fantastic to read about! For some reason I thought that I had already reviewed this book! Especially since it's a tour one! But oh, well, guess I'll write this review now!

The whole idea of the world being like this, is a negative mixed bag. That we're not liking Supernaturals, well, that's known from human history. And that we'd act that way, seems the obvious response (obvious in that it's not the right one, but what we go to) yeah. Not great!

Her ability, yeah, that was really fantastic! I enjoyed everything that was going on there, because this world isn't kind to people like her who have these abilities. So yeah, fairs fair that she uses it like she does! So fun to read!

I loved how there were all these different elements, that supported different parts of the story, that were sometimes disparate, but sometimes together, that led to that ending! This is the first of the series, and yeah, I enjoyed it so much!

I can't wait to read more of this series, it's been so good, and yeah, I can't wait for more!

Author: Megan Morgan
Series: Siren's Song #1
Read: March 26th, 2015
Source: Pump Up Your Book Review Copy Via NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Kensington
Published: March 1st 2015
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars
Bio:
Though I was born in Reno, Nevada, and spent some of my childhood there, I’ve lived most of my life in Ohio: the past seven years in Cleveland, specifically, the home of rock and roll. I love Cleveland, though I’d like to live in Chicago or New Orleans someday (or hey, maybe both, a girl can dream!).

I’ve been writing for most of my literate life, and began pursuing a professional writing career at the tender and naive age of thirteen. I’ve (hopefully) improved a lot since my overwrought high school writing days, but my passion and focus has always been the same: I want to write stories. I love writing romance because I think it’s something everyone can relate to–everyone loves love, and a little bit of sex doesn’t hurt, either. I’m a big fan of paranormal elements, so most of my stories have some kind of spooky twist. If you like passion, sex, and chills down your spine, I’m the author for you!

I work as a bartender in an airport lounge currently, because writing doesn’t pay the bills yet. It’s an awesome experience that brings me into contact with interesting people. My days are never boring. I’ve been a bartender and server for a long time, so I can tell you a thing or two about working in the service industry.

I’m much older than I look but not as wise as I seem. I live with my cat and my adult son, and I’m blessed with a huge circle of friends and family. My real name is not Megan Morgan, I chose that name because it sounds ‘romance authorly’ and is  far less weird and more glamorous than my real name.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!