Saturday, September 5, 2015

Week 36 Review: Dark Heart of Magic

From Goodreads:
Something Wicked This Way Comes...

As a thief, I stick to the shadows as much as possible. But when the head of the Sinclair Family picks me to compete in the Tournament of Blades, there's no escaping the spotlight—or the danger.

Even though he's my competition, Devon Sinclair thinks I have the best shot at winning what's supposed to be a friendly contest. But when the competitors start having mysterious "accidents," it looks like someone will do anything to win—no matter who they hurt.

As if I didn't have enough to worry about, mobster Victor Draconi is plotting against Devon and the rest of my friends, and someone's going around Cloudburst Falls murdering monsters. One thing's for sure. Sometimes, humans can be more monstrous than anything else...

My Review:
Man, I loved reading this book! I was eagerly anticipating this book after reading the first book-I was pretty much obsessively checking NetGalley to see when it was added, because I had high hopes that it would. So when it was added, I pretty much read this book immediately!

I did read the end before I was really into this book. It's a bad habit of mine, but sometimes, I just can't help myself! So knowing who the bad guy was in this book, well, I was able to watch for the clues, and that was just so great to do!

This book, we learned more about her family. Which was really great, because it was bigger than she thought it was! Though it's going to be complicated, seeing who they are! And we learned more about her dad, which was a bit bittersweet!

One thing that I really loved, was the mention of Pork Pit. I wouldn't have gotten the reference if I hadn't just read half of the Elemental Assassin series that's currently out earlier this week. I know that they can't be in the same worlds, because the magic of the worlds is different, but it was nice little reference! Loved it!

Yeah, so awesome to read this book, and now I'm just wanting the final book in the series!

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Black Blade #2
Read: September 2nd, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and this author, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Kensington
Expected Publication: October 27th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!