Saturday, September 12, 2015

Week 37 Review: Cast in Honor

From Goodreads:
In the aftermath of a vicious battle between darkness and light, the city of Elantra has emerged victorious. But Shadows continue to haunt every corner of its streets...

Elantra stands strong, but countless numbers of Hawks, the city's staunchest protectors, were lost in the brutal attack. Humans, Barrani, Aerians, Leontines—none of the races emerged unscathed from the defense of the city. Homes were lost, families were scattered…and the outcast Barrani Lord Nightshade is missing from his castle in the fiefs. 

Yet as the chaos surrounding the battle begins to wane, Private Kaylin Neya's duties must resume, despite her grief. Called in to investigate a triple murder in a quiet part of town, Kaylin and her companions are soon embroiled in a case that is anything but routine. Evidence of the deadly Shadows that still threaten the city leads to hints of ancient, forgotten magics. And a visit to the Oracular Halls points directly to Ravellon—the heart of the Shadows and the darkness they contain. 

But it is there that Lord Nightshade will be found—if he still survives.

My Review:
I was so excited to read this book! Like, majorly, because just like Cast in Flame, I'd been looking pretty obsessively on NetGalley for it to go up-because it had to go up!-and when it did, I just read it immediately! Because I needed to read it, so much!

The one part where she's talking to him, and when you read it, you'll know who I'm talking about, and she says something, and he talks about her education and improving it. She asks a subsequent language, and he ups the immediacy of that future talk. Which was so freaking hilarious! I loved it, just a classic Kaylin!

I know that we most likely won't see two characters that we were introduced to in this book. Which is too bad, because they were really interesting, if hard to understand! And they had a big impact on this book, they were pretty integral

Time was a pretty big thing in these books. So were the mirrors, and the network there, yeah, they were kinda the big main conflict! And connected to Nightshade, and his disappearance, and the new characters! It hurt the head to think about, but just so awesome!

But this book gave a quick little tidbit-about the Destroyer. And how it's caged like the other elements, but asleep. I thought that he was awake, but I guess not! At least that explains why he hasn't been mentioned on her visits to the Garden!

We didn't learn very much about who the bad guy was. And with what Kaylin saw in his eyes, makes me think that there's a back story there, why he did what he did, but we'll never know. And that sucks, but oh, well!

There was a bit about the relationship between Kaylin and Severn, and how he does feel desire for her, but he wants to make sure that she wants it, her, not because he holds her name. So that happened, too! I can't wait to see where it's going to go!

That ending, the actual ending, was a bit bittersweet. I know I say above that we most likely won't see these characters again, in fact, it's almost guaranteed-and it's because of this ending, and the events that led up to it.

Yeah, another really fantastic instalment in this series, and I can't wait for the next one! Maybe it'll be an Aerian book, since there was some conflict there that was building up! And oh, it could be called Cast in Flight or something!

Author: Michelle Sagara
Series: Chronicles of Elantra #11
Read: September 9th, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her books, they're so fantastic! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Mira
Expected Publication: November 24th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!