Saturday, September 26, 2015

Week 39 Review: The Perfect Witness

From Goodreads:
She was the perfect witness--until they found her.

When Teresa Casali was young, she discovered that she could read people's memories. But this strange gift became a curse when her mob boss father used Teresa to gain the upper hand in his world of corruption and violence. Exposed by her own family to the darkest impulses of mankind, Teresa finds herself defenseless and alone…until, from seemingly out of nowhere, she meets the mysterious Andre Mandak. Armed with a chilling set of skills, Mandak can protect Teresa and kill her pursuers. But can she trust him?

Now she's the perfect target--and there's nowhere left to hide…

With Mandak's help, Teresa learns to control her power before it consumes her. It is his promise to get her into Witness Protection that convinces Teresa to assume a new identity: she becomes Allie Girard and tries to forget Teresa Casali ever existed. For years "Allie" lives a normal life with a new family…until the day her cover is blown and the truth spreads like wildfire. Now she will have to use her finely-honed gift to end the threat that began with her family's betrayal. Nothing can stop her from revealing the truth…even if it kills her.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book so much! The book itself is different from the first synopsis that I read (which is way different from the one that's above) so I had a bad idea of what this book would have in my head, that was pretty quickly corrected!

Like for instance, I thought that the beginning, of her life transitioning from Teresa to Allie, would be short, and it wasn't. It did take up a portion of the book! I also thought that Teresa was an adult when this all happened, and she wasn't. She was 16, which is pretty young to have gone through what she did!

I do wish that I'd read the previously published books before this one. Because this book has Megan, who stars in Pandora's Daughter, and who was also in an Eve Duncan book. But oh, well, all read, and I'm going to be reading those soon, anyway, so yeah!

Really enjoyed Allie and Mandak together, they started off a bit rocky, but they developed a pretty strong relationship in this book, that helped them through the trials of this book, of the bad guys doing what they were doing, and her mom!

Awesome, fantastic book, I enjoyed it so much, and now I need to read the rest of Iris Johansen's books!

Author: Iris Johansen
Read: September 25th, 2015
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love reading Iris Johansen books! And it's a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Published: May 19th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

4 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! And I love the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a pretty awesome book! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I would like to read this, seems like a good action thriller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!