Saturday, September 5, 2015

Week 36 Review: Queen of Shadows

From Goodreads:
Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past . . .

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die just to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.

Celaena's epic journey has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions across the globe. This fourth volume will hold readers rapt as Celaena's story builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world. 

My Review:
This book, oh, man, this book! So epic, so good, so fantastic, so everything that I wanted from it, and just so much more! I was not expecting anything but an awesome book, but oh, boy, did this one take it to the next level! Just makes me anticipate book #5 even more!

This was the book where things happened. The last book had things happening, but they were more setting the stage for the big things happening in this book! Because boy, were there some big things going on in this book!

I loved how Aelin-because she is going by Aelin in this book, not Calaena, which was a bit weird, but also great!-plotted, because there were a few big schemes going on in this book-from the will, to clearing the path to destroy what was blanketing magic! There were little hints and clues, but they didn't make sense to me until the plan came together! So awesome!

I don't remember there being something romantic between Aelin and Rowan. I've been rooting for her and Chaol. But this book changed that. I really enjoyed Aelin and Rowan, especially since Chaol was pretty awful to her, in his thoughts, and actions in this book!

Another thing that I didn't remember, was Lysandra. That they pretty much had a hate-hate relationship? Funny how growing up can change what you think and feel about people, because reading about Lysandra and Aelin was so awesome!

When Aelin and Manon meet, that was epic! Manon, for me, is like the other side of the coin of Aelin, and having them meet, that scene was just awesome! And what it lead to...yeah. That had a huge impact on the series!

You know that moment, near the end? I think you know what I'm talking about, where there was the light, and we thought that the character died, and my heart just sank? And then the book went on, and oh, man, that was just so great!

Taking into account that this is the 4th book in a series of 6 books, this is the book where bad guys are outed, and it turns out that there's either bigger bad guys separate from the original, or behind the original, that they have a bigger fight yet to come! Yeah! So exciting!

Yeah, now I have the long year-ish wait for the next book! It's evil!

Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #4
Read: September 1st, 2015
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love these books so freaking much, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book, WR Reward Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Published: September 1st 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!