Saturday, September 19, 2015

Week 38 Review: Shattered Blue

From Goodreads:
For Noa and Callum, being together is dangerous, even deadly. From the start, sixteen-year-old Noa senses that the mysterious transfer student to her Monterey boarding school is different. Callum unnerves and intrigues her, and even as she struggles through family tragedy, she's irresistibly drawn to him. Soon they are bound by his deepest secret: Callum is Fae, banished from another world after a loss hauntingly similar to her own.

But in Noa's world, Callum needs a special human energy, Light, to survive; his body steals it through touch—or a kiss. And Callum's not the only Fae on the hunt. When Callum is taken, Noa must decide: Will she sacrifice everything to save him? Even if it means learning their love may not be what she thought?

My Review:
Yeah, this was a pretty fantastic book. This world of Fae, and Light, and how things worked, that was pretty awesome and enjoyable to read! Just the sort of thing that I like to read, so yeah, that was pretty awesome for me!

There was a bit of a slow start to this book, Noa was morning her sister, and then things started going, and that was pretty awesome! The beginning was just a little bit too slow for me, but the middle and later was way better for me!

I enjoyed the relationship between Noa and Callum, you'd think it'd be unbalanced, because he's not human and she is, but it didn't work out that way, they both had their strengths, sure, but they were balanced, so that was really great to read!

This is the first book in a trilogy, so the ending, well, I was open as to what was going to happen, because it could've happened in any number of ways. And what did happen, that was pretty fantastic to read! Really enjoyable and great and setting up for the sequel!

Yep, really awesome book, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Lauren Bird Horowitz
Series: The Light Trilogy #1
Read: September 17th, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Skyscape
Published: September 15th 2015
/5 Hearts
/5 Books
/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!