Saturday, September 19, 2015

Week 38 Review: One

From Goodreads:
Tippi and Grace share everything—clothes, friends . . . even their body. Writing in free verse, Sarah Crossan tells the sensitive and moving story of conjoined twin sisters, which will find fans in readers of Gayle Forman, Jodi Picoult, and Jandy Nelson.

Tippi and Grace. Grace and Tippi. For them, it's normal to step into the same skirt. To hook their arms around each other for balance. To fall asleep listening to the other breathing. To share. And to keep some things private. The two sixteen-year-old girls have two heads, two hearts, and each has two arms, but at the belly, they join. And they are happy, never wanting to risk the dangerous separation surgery.

But the girls' body is beginning to fight against them. And soon they will have to face the impossible choice they have avoided for their entire lives.

My Review:
This was a really fantastic book! I didn't see the part of free verse when I was creating this post, so first reading this book was just a bit strange, but it was just so enjoyable to read this book that the strangeness didn't become a negative, so that was great!

This was the story of Tippi and Grace, told by Grace. Goodreads says that it's about 400 pages. My nook said 100, but it took 4 or 5 page turns to count as one page. And seeing as I read so much on the 17th, well, it was because I read books like this, well written, and something that I wanted to read!

It was a bit sad to read this book. Because there was just that note, that tone of voice, and the synopsis! Things had been hard, but it was what they were used to, and there were comments from them about that, and about those of us that were "normal." And they were right. And everybody has different normals

At the ending, yeah, it really sucked what had happened. And that Grace is going to have to live the rest of her life without her twin, her twin who never left her side, was unable to, until the surgery. And all because a cold weakened a heart. So sucky!

Really fantastic book to read, with really great characters, and just yeah, I really enjoyed it!

Author: Sarah Crossan
Read: September 17th, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Enjoyed her previous books, and it's a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Published: September 15th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!