Saturday, April 16, 2016

Week 16 Review: The Girl I Used to Be

From Goodreads:
When Olivia's mother was killed, everyone suspected her father of murder. But his whereabouts remained a mystery. Fast forward fourteen years. New evidence now proves Olivia's father was actually murdered on the same fateful day her mother died. That means there's a killer still at large. It's up to Olivia to uncover who that may be. But can she do that before the killer tracks her down first?

My Review:
This was a really great book! It was short, with such a great mystery, and a bit of a romance! It was so enticing, the clues that were found, the suspicions, and the characters that filled this book! So great to read! Loved this book!

One thing that I really enjoyed with this book, were the chapter heading things. That they were taken out of the current chapter, a phrase, that out of context was a bit strange, and was still strange in context, well, yeah, really great to read!

Olivia was really interesting to read about! She'd had her mom killed, and presumably her dad did it, and then was abandoned, at age 3. Then to have her Grandmother die a few years later, meaning she was put into the foster system.

There were a lot of suspects. But it was a total surprise when we found out who the bad guy was! There were a few leaps, because it wasn't a logical choice, but also, that we didn't have all the details. Just a bit sad, though!

Really fantastic book, I enjoyed how it ended, this was another great April Henry book!

Author: April Henry
Read: April 10th, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great and I've enjoyed her other books! And it's a SAC 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Henry olt and Co. (BYR)
Expected Publication: May 3rd 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!