Saturday, April 23, 2016

Week 17 Review: Please Don't Tell

From Goodreads:
Joy killed Adam Gordon—at least, that's what she thinks. The night of the party is hazy at best. But she knows what Adam did to her twin sister, Grace, and she knows he had to pay for it.

What Joy doesn't expect is that someone else saw what happened. And one night a note is shoved through her open window, threatening Joy that all will be revealed. Now the anonymous blackmailer starts using Joy to expose the secrets of their placid hometown. And as the demands escalate, Joy must somehow uncover the blackmailer's identity before Joy is forced to make a terrible choice.

In this darkly compelling narrative, debut author Laura Tims explores the complicated relationship between two sisters, and what one will do for the other. It's a story that will keep readers turning pages and questioning their own sense of right and wrong. 

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! The fact that it comes out on my birthday is just a nice thing! Such a great story, a compelling mystery, and just so enjoyable! I enjoyed this book so much, and I can't wait to read more by Laura Tims!

We didn't know what had happened to Grace. We knew something had happened, and we could guess, maybe get it right. But it took a while to actually get to what had happened. It's not that I wanted something bad to happen-I wanted to know what had happened, as it was why the current events were occurring!

I enjoyed the back and forth between October/November and the summer, because it all came together, and gave us this story! It kept a good pace, ramping up the tension for one thing while releasing the other.

The blackmailer was pretty creative. To have Joy do all these things, and what Joy went through with the guilt of everything, yeah, great story! And who the blackmailer turned out to be? It was someone I'd never guessed!

Really enjoyed this book, it was such a great book on sexual assault and family!

Author: Laura Tims
Read: April 20th, 2016
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounds so great (and it comes out on my birthday!) And it's a DAC Book, RR Book, SAC 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Collins
Expected Publication: May 24th 2016
/5 Hearts
/5 Books
/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!