Saturday, March 11, 2017

Week 10 Review: Alien Education

From Goodreads:
As if learning as much as possible about every alien race in the galaxy, fending off the advances both business and personal from a variety of Hollywood types, dealing with the assimilation of various alien races, and navigating the Embassy Daycare kids' first day of "real" school wasn't bad enough, President and First Lady Jeff and Kitty Katt-Martini must now deal with new robotic attacks that endanger every alien child on Earth, the resurgence of a bigger, nastier Club 51, and a variety of murders, all while facing the most truly terrifying organization they've ever encountered -- the school's Parent-Teacher Association.

My Review:
I absolutely loved this book! And it was even better getting an ARC of this book, more than Alien Nation, because this time, I've read the series, and I know how awesome it is! And yeah, I read it the day that I was approved, because I've needed to read this book since I finished Alien Nation!

Compared to Alien Nation, this book is smaller in scope. No new aliens, no threat to the whole world, no facing off against all the religious leaders of the world. It can't be that big, because Alien Nation dealt with that. Instead, it starts something that we kinda knew, but was mostly hidden! And I can't wait to explore this new bad guy!

So all the bots and androids and those with wiring are a big part of this book. Like, those that have wires in their bodies have the name cyborgs! And Kitty has the most interesting dream that helps her make the connections that she's known for!

About half of this book takes place over the course of 2 days. And a lot happened in that time, starting with a morning show interview, and ends with a party fundraiser. Of course, since it's Kitty, things don't quite go as planned, which was as always, fantastic to read!

Also, Algar has to get creative with his musical cues, given that Kitty's in places where she can't have her music plugged in. But yeah, he found ways to work around that! Especially given that music beats help them fight multiple times in this book!

The leader of the mean girls, of the PTA, was pretty horrible! Basically, she acts like she never grew up, and yeah, of course Kitty's going to fight the bully! Plus all the other things she has to do, but of course, that's just what things are like for them!

This book was just absolutely amazing, and I can't wait for the next book!

Author: Gini Koch
Series: Katherine "Kitty" Katt #15
Read: March 10th, 2017
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her books and this series, so much, and yeah, it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: DAW
Expected Publication: May 2nd 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!