Saturday, March 25, 2017

Week 12 Review: Truthwitch

From Goodreads:
In a continent on the edge of war, two witches hold its fate in their hands.

Young witches Safiya and Iseult have a habit of finding trouble. After clashing with a powerful Guildmaster and his ruthless Bloodwitch bodyguard, the friends are forced to flee their home.

Safi must avoid capture at all costs as she's a rare Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lies. Many would kill for her magic, so Safi must keep it hidden - lest she be used in the struggle between empires. And Iseult's true powers are hidden even from herself.

In a chance encounter at Court, Safi meets Prince Merik and makes him a reluctant ally. However, his help may not slow down the Bloodwitch now hot on the girls' heels. All Safi and Iseult want is their freedom, but danger lies ahead. With war coming, treaties breaking and a magical contagion sweeping the land, the friends will have to fight emperors and mercenaries alike. For some will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.

My Review:
This book was absolutely amazing! I loved this world, I loved the characters, and I loved the writing! Such a great and captivating book, though I'm glad that I read it when I did, because book 2 is already out!

I loved all the perspectives that we got in this book! They added so much, seeing from so many characters! The pages just flew right on by, as I learned more about this world and the politics, and the antics that Safi got them into and Iseult got them out of!

The Cahr Awen was mentioned, that Iseult dreamed of being one of the two of them. So when that was discovered, well, yeah, that was pretty awesome! Though I don't think the girls quite believe it! Hopeful for it because they were told by someone charged with protecting the pair, but not quite sure of it!

I'm not sure if I want to read the 2nd book now. I mean, this was a very wonderful book, but there's still 3 more books! And only the 2nd book is out. And I don't think I can deal with the wait without anything to read. Whereas, leaving the 2nd book, yeah, that's better for my mind!

Such a great book, so enjoyable! And I will wait, but impatiently, for the other books in the series!

Author: Susan Dennard
Series: The Witchlands #1
Read: February 21st, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: I love her writing! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Tor Teen
Published: January 5th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!