Saturday, March 25, 2017

Week 12 Review: Literally

From Goodreads:
A girl realizes her life is being written for her in this unique, smart love story that is Stranger Than Fiction for fans of Stephanie Perkins.

Annabelle's life has always been Perfect with a capital P. Then bestselling young adult author Lucy Keating announces that she's writing a new novel—and Annabelle is the heroine. 

It turns out, Annabelle is a character that Lucy Keating created. And Lucy has a plan for her. 

But Annabelle doesn't want to live a life where everything she does is already plotted out. Will she find a way to write her own story—or will Lucy Keating have the last word? 

The real Lucy Keating's delightful contemporary romance blurs the line between reality and fiction, and is the perfect follow-up for readers who loved her debut Dreamology, which SLJ called, "a sweet, quirky romance with appealing characters."

My Review:
I was really anticipating reading this book! Given that the author is a character, I was wondering how that was going to go! That was very interesting to me, and that just kept me reading the pages faster and faster as more and more happened!

So as it turns out, Lucy Keating is not the real Lucy Keating-she's an author as well, but different books, and more than just the two that the real life Lucy Keating. So that was pretty interesting to read!

I really enjoyed Annabelle's struggle to be able to have control over her own story. Because she kinda likes where the story is going. But it's not her story, and she fights for what she wants! Her story is much better than Lucy's story for her!

The ending was really great! Glad that everything worked out! It was just perfect for this book, everything worked, not perfectly, but pretty great! I'm glad that she had some happiness, and we had a bit more with the author, given the movie and all!

Really great book, so enjoyable and great!

Author: Lucy Keating
Read: March 23rd, 2017
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2017 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Expected Publication: April 11th 2017
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!