Saturday, March 18, 2017

Week 11 Review: Spindle Fire

From Goodreads:
Perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas and Leigh Bardugo, Spindle Fire is an enthralling, wholly original reimagining of a classic faerie story.

Half sisters Isabelle and Aurora are polar opposites: Isabelle is the king's headstrong illegitimate daughter, whose sight was tithed by faeries; Aurora, beautiful and sheltered, was tithed her sense of touch and voice on the same day. Despite their differences, the sisters have always been extremely close.

And then everything changes, with a single drop of Aurora's blood, a Faerie Queen who is preparing for war, a strange and enchanting dream realm—and a sleep so deep it cannot be broken.

Spindle Fire is a tour-de-force fantasy set in the dwindling, deliciously corrupt world of the fae and featuring two truly unforgettable heroines, from a writer destined to be a major voice in YA.

My Review:
This book was absolutely incredible! I loved this story about sisters, of Isabella and Aurora, and Malfleur and Belcoeur. Admittedly, it did take me a little while to get into it, but once I did, wow, did the pages fly!

This world was really interesting! Where the fae were rulers, but then they weren't, and they've become less and less powerful. But Malfleur is a threat to the human rulers. And yeah, I loved her story! Hers, and her sister's. We saw most of Belcoeur's side, but only a bit of Malfleur's!

And that pair of sisters' story complemented Aurora and Isbe's story greatly! Because while they weren't together most of this book, they thought of the other often! But they both still kept going on trying to fix their worlds! Given that Aurora is trapped in Belcoeur's dreamworld!

I was wondering if this was going to go the Frozen route with sisterly love, and I guessed, and I was right! But I'm not going to tell whether they did or not! Because I'm evil and not evil like that-because, spoilers!

This book was fantastic, and that ending was evil, and things are totally set up for the sequel that I just want to read now!

Author: Lexa Hillyer
Series: Spindle Fire #1
Read: March 15th, 2017
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a 2017 Retelling Reading Challenge Book, DAC Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Expected Publication: April 11th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!