Saturday, March 11, 2017

Week 10 Reviews: Middle Ground, Still Point


From Goodreads:
For four weeks Maddie has been living in Los Angeles, trying to be good. But no matter how hard she tries, something inside her won't be sated. She can't live a life of half-truths and false pretenses. So one night, she says how she really feels.

That's all it takes. One night. One bad decision, and Maddie is thrown into a detention center where she's forced to undergo secretive treatment meant to squash her rebellious streak. The powers that be call it rehabilitation. Maddie calls it torture.

Alone, Maddie will not survive. But if she can find something to hold on to - an image of Justin, their love - maybe she can fight. And if she's really lucky, maybe she'll even win.

From Goodreads:
In the final installment to the trilogy begun with Awaken, Maddie returns home to make her final stand against Digital School, and uncovers deeply guarded secrets about her family and new truths about herself.

My Review:
These books were so great! I was only meaning to read Middle Ground, but then it ended like it did, and I had to read Still Point, which I think is a good thing, otherwise, who knows how long it would've taken me to read it, otherwise! I'm really bad sometimes, at finishing series that I like and enjoy!

The detention center was pretty horrible! It didn't push my captive button, which I'm glad of, because that made it so easy to read Middle Ground, it was so easy and quick and then I needed to read more! And yeah, the new characters were really great to meet!

So Jax, the guy from the novella, the one that drew the image that became Maddie's tattoo, is back in this book! And yeah, he was an interesting guy, who had connections to Maddie's group of rebels! So that was a very interesting dynamic!

I really enjoyed the places that these characters were in by the end. There's choice again, and there's change and there was also loss. And I didn't expect that change in romance, though I think I should've when he was brought back! Great end to the series!

Absolutely loved these books, they were so fantastic to read!

Author: Katie Kacvinsky
Series: Awaken #2, 3
Read: March 7th, 7th, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike, NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing, and they're 2017 Dystopia Books and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Books! And Still Point is a End of Series 2017 Book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Published: November 20th 2012, September 2nd 2014

Middle Ground:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Still Point:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!