Saturday, March 24, 2018

Week 12 Review: The Black Parade

From Goodreads:
Jordan Amador. 21. New Yorker. Waitress. Mild alcoholic. Murderer.

Two years ago, Jordan accidentally shot and killed a Seer: a person who can see, hear, and talk to ghosts with unfinished business. Her crime came with a hefty price, too. She has two years to help a hundred souls cross over to the afterlife or her soul is bound for hell. Tough break.

As if that weren't bad enough, two days before her deadline a handsome pain-in-the-ass poltergeist named Michael strolls into her life. His soul is the key to her salvation, but the cost just might be more than she can handle. Solving his death puts her right in the crosshairs of Belial: a vain, bloodthirsty archdemon who won't rest until she's his slave. Can she rescue Michael and save her own soul, or will they both be dragged down into the clutches of the eternal black parade? 

My Review:
Oh, this book was so awesome! I really enjoyed this take on ghosts, Angels and Demons, it was so interesting, and yeah, I loved reading about! And the fact that this book was told in 3 "books", yeah, that was just so fantastic to read!

There was a little bit of this feeling like that it was unbelievable, I mean, an archangel, and Michael the leader, no less, falling in love with a human? It was small, but it was there. So that is my one small complaint!

I really enjoyed the whole world of Seers and the abilities, to control energy that Seers and angels can do. That was really cool! And then there was also the history, of what happened to her mom after she was committed to the asylum. Not fun! But needed!

OK maybe I have another small complaint. I felt we didn't really get to know Jordan well. She had all these reactions, but we didn't really know the basics of them, even when they were really important, like the end of the first "book" where she was willing to die so Michael could get back in his human body.

Yeah, this book was really awesome, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Kyoko M.
Series: The Black Parade #1
Read: March 23rd, 2018
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Ilona Andrews reviewed it and recommended it, and it sounded really good! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Smashwords Edition
Published: July 24th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!