Saturday, March 31, 2018

Week 13 Review: Frat Girl

From Goodreads:
Sometimes the F–word can have more than one meaning…Cassandra Davis has one shot at a scholarship to continue at the university of her dreams. She's never been one to back down from a challenge, so it's go big or go home when she pitches her research project: pledge Delta Tau Chi and provide proof of their misogynistic behaviour. The brothers are already on probation and on the verge of being banned from campus, so exposing them should be a piece of cake. For Cassie, the F–Word is fraternity – she knows exactly what to expect in the DTC house.

For the DTC brothers, the F–Word is feminist – the type of girl who hates them to the core and is determined to make them lose their home. But when Cassie and the boys get together, each with their own agenda, they're all in for a shock. The boys never thought a girl could be their newest brother, and Cassie's fellow pledge Jordan Louis is definitely not the tank–top–wearing bro she thought she'd find.With her heart and her future tangled in a web of her own making, Cassie is forced to realise that the F–word might not be as simple as she thought after all.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I did have some points where I was like, no, I can't read on, the conflict will push my buttons, but in a good way. Plus this book dealt with a pretty interesting topic, the way girls are treated by frats. And the fact that there was growth and change, well, that was really great!

This book was more NA, because they're college age students, as well as more mature situations and more explicit romance scenes. But you're told that in the title, because frats are a college thing. I don't read as much NA as YA, so it was a nice change to read this book!

On one hand, yeah, a lot of the guys in frats can be really bad regarding their treatment/thoughts of the females of the species. On the other, some of these guys just didn't know better and could be taught better, which was really great!

This book was really thought provoking, because as the guys are learning how to have a bro friend who's a girl, Cassie is learning that there's more to these guys then the stereotypes, and again, that the can grow and change. So when her article comes out, yeah, there were a lot of different reactions! I loved it, and how it all worked out! Such a great read!

I loved this book, it was so fantastic, I just devoured it, and I'm so glad that I read it!

Author: Kiley Roache
Read: March 29th, 2018
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a RR Book and a SAC 2018 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: March 27th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!