Saturday, March 31, 2018

Week 13 Review: Copycat

From Goodreads:
Everyone is dying to read the latest book in the popular Gap Lake mystery series, and Addison is no exception. As the novels biggest fan, Addison is flattered when the infamously reclusive author, R.J. Rosen, contacts her, granting her inside information others would kill for. 

But when the most popular girl in Addison's high school is murdered, Addison can't help but think that life may be imitating fiction. And as other terrifying events from the book start happening around her, Addison has to figure out how to write her own ending -and survive the story. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book! I loved the mystery that was taken out of the pages of a book, playing out in real life. I wouldn't want to be in it, but to read it, yeah, is really awesome! These characters, Addison, Maya, Spencer, Colton, they were all really great!

Addison's site sounds a lot more in depth then the blogging that I do. But it's pretty awesome when an author contacts you, and I can totally remember feeling/doing the same when it's happened to me, though not quite in the same way, especially not with murder following!

One line in a dream sequence that kinda pokes at mystery novels like this book is, which is pay attention to when a character shows up where they're unexpected. And that's pretty good advice, because there's a few scenes where this plays out. Loved that!

In the end, I have two complaints. One, that the information about the Gap Lake books-and the teasers that R.J. Rosen is sending-it feels like a lot is missing, and what's left is a bit disjointed.Two, that the ending was a bit short, like the reason why he was doing this to Addison specifically, there wasn't backstory there. There were so many things that I wanted clarification on, like was the bad guy who sent her the teasers the real author or not, and if not, why didn't the real one make contact with the police or something? The solution I wish for is that we could've had things more expanded. Bonus, then we would've had more book!

This book was really great, and I really enjoyed it!

Author: Hannah Jayne
Read: March 30th, 2018
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her books, and it's a SAC 2018 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Expected Publication: July 3rd 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!