Saturday, March 31, 2018

Week 13 Review: Not If I Save You First

From Goodreads:
Maddie thought she and Logan would be friends forever. But when your dad is a Secret Service agent and your best friend is the president's son, sometimes life has other plans. Before she knows it, Maddie's dad is dragging her to a cabin in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness.

No phone.
No Iinternet.
And not a single word from Logan.

Maddie tells herself it's okay. After all, she's the most popular girl for twenty miles in any direction. She has wood to cut and weapons to bedazzle. Her life is full.
Until Logan shows up six years later . . .
And Maddie wants to kill him. 

But before that can happen, an assailant appears out of nowhere, knocking Maddie off a cliff and dragging Logan to some unknown fate. Maddie knows she could turn back- and get help. But the weather is turning and the terrain will only get more treacherous, the animals more deadly. 

Maddie still really wants to kill Logan. 
But she has to save him first. 

My Review:
I loved reading this book! A lot of it was about survival, but there was also mystery in discovering why this was happening, and there were so many twists sand turns! There was also a bit of romance, because these two, yeah, they had a pretty strong connection from when they were kids!

One thing that I loved, was the mention that Logan, if his dad hadn't been president, would've been a good fit for the Blackthorne Institute, which I'm pretty sure is the boys only school in the Gallagher series!

Maddie has learned a lot about living in Alaska, and how to survive it. And she has to put it all to use when she's shot and Logan is kidnapped. I loved reading that, it was just so well paced, there was always something going on, and made for such a great read!

I loved how that ending all came together! There were a number of twists, and of course there was a ton of concerns for their safety. And then it was over, and there was that sweet epilogue that I just loved reading this book!

This book was so fantastic and I just devoured it, it was just so great!

Author: Ally Carter
Read: March 29th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounds really good! And it's a SAC 2018 Book!
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Published: March 27th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!