Saturday, March 31, 2018

Week 13 Reviews: After the Ball, Three Nights, Twelve Princesses, One Curse

From Goodreads:
"After the Ball" is a short story set in Beau Rivage, a city where fairy tales come to life, and ancient stories are played out again and again. You can read more about the cursed fairy-tale characters of Beau Rivage in my novel Kill Me Softly.

From Goodreads:
Three Nights, Twelve Princesses, One Curse is a short story set in Beau Rivage, a city where fairy tales come to life, and ancient stories are played out again and again.

My first review of After the Ball
My Review:
I loved reading these stories! I'd read After the Ball before, but yeah, totally forgot what happened in it. And Three Nights, Twelve Princesses, Once Curse was great to read because it features the girls and curse from the 2nd book (but I think it happened before the 2nd book, because in the 2nd book, the curse is broken.) Yeah.

After the Ball, it shows off how dark these fairy tales are. It's a retelling of Cinderella, you know, with the step sisters mutilating their feet so they could fit into the left behind slipper. Only one stepsister in this story, but yeah, still dark!

And then even more so in the next story, in which the guy has 3 days to beat the curse, or he gets executed. Over and over. The poor girls! But the guy didn't have a plan, which wasn't very smart of him, especially given the potential ending!

With each day the tension mounted, as well as the connection between the one sister and the guy. And made things more daunting and feeling awful, because the deadline was looming. And then it ended and yeah, that ending was just killer! *wink, wink*

These stories were just so fantastic and I loved reading it!

Author: Sarah Cross
Series: Beau Rivage #1.5, 2.5
First Read: March 4th, 2015
Read:  March 30th, 30th, 2018
Source: Online
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're 2018 Retelling Reading Challenge Books and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Books!
Published: 2012, 2015

After the Ball:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Three Nights, Twelve Princesses, One Curse:

5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!