Saturday, March 3, 2018

Week 9 Review: The Bane Chronicles

From Goodreads:
Fans of The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices can get to know warlock Magnus Bane like never before in this paperback collection of New York Times bestselling tales, each with comic-style art.

This collection of eleven short stories illuminates the life of the enigmatic Magnus Bane, whose alluring personality, flamboyant style, and sharp wit populate the pages of the #1 New York Times bestselling series, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices.

Originally released one-by-one as e-only short stories by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, and Sarah Rees Brennan, this compilation presents all ten together in print and includes a special eleventh tale, as well as eleven comic illustrations. 

My Review:
I loved reading this collection of novellas! Magnus is such an amazing character, and I loved having these stories! While we did get a myriad of explanations why Magnus was banned from Peru, but not the specific reason why!

The thing about Magnus is that he always seems like he was happy. But there was a lot of pain in his life, between that all lives have pain, but also that when you're immortal, there's a lot of loss. Which shouldn't be surprising, but it was hard to see it with Magnus!

It's funny, that Magnus knew Will's parents! We also got a short story that I think introduced at least one of the issues that the 4th series will be dealing with, of Will and Tessa's children's generation. The hardest story to read was the Fall of Hotel Dumort, with Camille. So sad!

The last story, The Voicemail of Magnus Bane, I do wish that it could've been texts as well, because just the voicemails, while they told a compelling story, could've have more with the texts, I mean, they weren't only calling, I'm pretty sure. The one bit of humour was the client's calls inter-spaced with the heartbreak from Malec's break up!

Loved this book, and I'm just so glad that it exists!

Authors: Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, and Maureen Johnson
Series: The Bane Chronicles #1-11
Read: February 26th, 2018
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love their writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: November 11th, 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!