Saturday, March 3, 2018

Week 9 Review: Silence Fallen

From Goodreads:
Attacked and abducted in her home territory, Mercy finds herself in the clutches of the most powerful vampire in the world, taken as a weapon to use against alpha werewolf Adam and the ruler of the Tri-Cities vampires. In coyote form, Mercy escapes--only to find herself without money, without clothing, and alone in the heart of Europe... 

Unable to contact Adam and the rest of the pack, Mercy has allies to find and enemies to fight, and she needs to figure out which is which. Ancient powers stir, and Mercy must be her agile best to avoid causing a war between vampires and werewolves, and between werewolves and werewolves. And in the heart of the ancient city of Prague, old ghosts rise...

My first review of Silence Fallen
My Review:
I wasn't expecting to read this book! But I was really itching for Burn Bright which is coming out soon, so yeah, I had to read this book! Because it's the book set in the timeline right before Burn Bright, so reading them in order just makes sense in my mind!

Given that Adam and Mercy aren't together, there's a lot going on! And that the timelines aren't in sync just adds that extra bit of oomph, it's different from the rest of the books in the series! Keeping track of what was happening was a bit difficult, but so worth it!

Politics were a big thing in this book. It's why Mercy was kidnapped, because of the set up with the paranormals in the Tri-Cities. It's in the deals that both Mercy and Adam had to make in order to get safe harbor. Which sucks, but was so interesting to read!

This book is the only one in the combined series not taking place in America. So there's so many fantastic locations and history, especially the Golem that Mercy woke up and which made a big bang and a wonderful ending!

I just loved this book, and I can't wait for Burn Bright!

Author: Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson #10
First Read: January 6th, 2017
Read: February 27th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Ace Books
Published: March 1st 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!