Saturday, November 7, 2020

Week 45 Review: Rafael

From Goodreads:
Rafael, the king of all the wererats, appeared in the very first Anita Blake novel. Now he is center stage as he fights to defend his crown with Anita Blake at his side.

My Review:
This book was a really fantastic read. It's another short one like Micah or Jason, and I'm glad for it, it gave us a hyper glance look at Anita's life. After all, this takes place in less than 12 hours. It's short, it's quick, it's fast paced, and we got a few important reveals in that time that I can't wait to see play out in the future! 

I don't know how much we knew about Anita's relationship with Rafael before this book. He hasn't been mentioned that I remember for at least 3 books, if not more. So having a story focused on him was really great. I really enjoyed exploring the rodere politics. Boy, are they violent! But they also brought up an interesting question.

By focusing on the wererats, we did learn more about the other various races as well. I can't remember the correct spelling of the new word for the word, but I know it starts with T. And it was interesting the questions it raised, the implications, and possibilities in the future! 

That ending was pretty intense. I couldn't put this book down, I had to know how it was all going to turn out! And even though this book is pretty short, it does have a pretty significant bad guy, and with everything that happened in this book, well, their dealing with the bad guy and the aftermath of that is another thing I'm really excited to see in the future books of the series! 

I really enjoyed this read, and I can't wait to continue this series and read more of Laurell K. Hamilton's books! 

Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #28
Read: November 1st, 2020
Source: Edelweiss 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Berkley Books
Expected Publication: February 9th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!