Saturday, November 7, 2020

Week 45 Review: Stolen Time

From Goodreads:
Seattle, 1913

Dorothy spent her life learning the art of the con. But after meeting a stranger and stowing away on his peculiar aircraft, she wakes up in a chilling version of the world she left behind—and for the first time in her life, realizes she's in way over her head.

New Seattle, 2077

If there was ever a girl who was trouble, it was one who snuck on board Ash's time machine wearing a wedding gown—and the last thing he needs is trouble if he wants to prevent his terrifying visions of the future from coming true. 

My Review:
This book was really fantastic. I was really excited to read it, because time travel. Who doesn't like a time travel book? The question being, is it a time travel book done well? And I really enjoyed it, so I'm in camp it was done well.

I really enjoyed how different the times were. Society has changed a lot in the past few decades, and having a point from before the start of the change, and then having another point past that change, which who knows how much change has happened, for better or worse, it was quite the contrast, which was so great to read! 

I really enjoyed getting to know Dorothy and Ash. They've lived such separate lives, but they come across each other, and events start to happen. Dorothy has been raised to survive, and I loved that about her. And then there was the search in time for the professor, I loved seeing them interact in different time periods!

But wow, I just wasn't really expecting that ending. Sure, there were some questions and mysteries as to why things happened the way they did, that this guy had knowledge that he shouldn't have. And the implications...I need to know what's going to happen next!

This was a really fantastic read, and I'm so excited to continue the series! 

Author: Danielle Rollins
Series: Dark Stars #1
Read: November 5th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss/Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a Historical Fiction 2020 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: February 5th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!