Saturday, November 14, 2020

Week 46 Review: Sisters of Sword and Song

From Goodreads:
From the author of The Queen's Rising comes a thrilling YA stand-alone fantasy about the unbreakable bond between sisters. Perfect for fans of Ember in the Ashes, Sky in the Deep, and Court of Fives.

After eight long years, Evadne will finally be reunited with her older sister, Halcyon, who has been proudly serving in the queen's army. But when Halcyon appears earlier than expected, Eva knows something has gone terribly wrong. Halcyon is on the run, hunted by her commander and charged with murder.

Though Halcyon's life is spared during her trial, the punishment is heavy. And when Eva volunteers to serve part of Halcyon's sentence, she's determined to find out exactly what happened. But as Eva begins her sentence, she quickly learns that there are fates much worse than death.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I honestly wouldn't mind a companion novel, because this world is so interesting, and there still are, by my count, 2 objects left to be found, which could be an interesting story, to spend more time in this world!

I loved the sisterhood that Halcyon and Eva have. Even though they haven't seen each other in 8 years, they're sisters, and I loved how close they were! That Eva volunteers for Halcyon's sentence, well, just shows how strong their bond is, even though Halcyon thought she deserved it. 

There was a lot going on in this book. There's the secrets that Halcyon was keeping that Eva gets roped into. And they're some pretty big ones, state of the government ones. And I loved watching Eva go on this journey, watched her show a spine of steel. Plus there was Halcyon's journey, one of hardship, redemption and forgiveness, which was a great balance to Eva's journey! 

It was really fantastic how it all came together. Each part of the story built and built, and at times I didn't know where it could go to go any higher. It was a bittersweet ending, there was a cost, but it was heartwarming and overall a fantastic end!

This was such a great book, I loved reading it, and I can't wait to read more by Rebecca Ross! 

Author: Rebecca Ross
Read: November 12th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great and I really enjoy her writing, and it's a SAC 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: June 23rd 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!