Sunday, September 26, 2021

Wheel of TBR #70, September 26th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. For each week of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 2 or more times in a 2 weeks, I'll do another spin once it comes up 2 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it before the end of the month, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. Each month I'll get a prompt from my Binge Read Wheel (either specifically picking the prompt, or spinning the wheel) and I have to read at least 9 books, though I can read more!

Of the books from the last week, I read Learn My Lesson by Katee Robert, A Dance With The Fae Prince by Elise Kova, Better Together by Christine Riccio.

Of the books from the monthly roll, I read Queen's Gambit by Karen Chance, so I have Mile High with a Vampire by Lynsay Sands, The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik, left.

Because I haven't been using the rewards, I'm getting rid of them. Might think of something else, but for now, I'm just not going to have anything. 

Binge Read Wheel:
For this month, I spun the wheel, and it gave me Reread. For this, I'm planning on rereading the Ixia Chronicles Series by Maria V. Sndyer, the Queen of the Tearling Series by Erika Johansen, The Empress by S.J. Kincaid, and what would be rereads of The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine. Some possibilities that I might also do are the Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa, Legend Series by Marie Lu. Might do others, but these ones I really want to do!

Prompts Used This Week:
Word, Wild Card, Number.

Word-Cyan-Angel-A Terrible Fall of Angels by Laurell K. Hamilton-This book has Angel in the title, so that works! 

Wild Card-Chartreuse-Dead Silence by S.A. Barnes-I don't know much about this book, just that it sounds spooky and great, so I think that counts! 

Number-Magenta-1-20-XOXO by Axie Oh-This is the book the number generator chose for me, and I can't wait to read it!

Colour Totals:
Red: 0
Orange: 0
Yellow: 0
Chartreuse: 1
Green: 0
Spring Green: 0
Cyan: 1
Azure: 0
Blue: 0
Violet: 0
Magenta: 1
Rose: 0

Prompts for Next Week:
Shelf-Red
Year-Orange
My Initials-Yellow
Cover Stereotype-Chartreuse
Reading Challenge-Green
Owned Pre-2020-Spring Green
Representation-Cyan
More Than 1000 Ratings-Azure
Series Number-Blue
Trope-Violet
Reread-Magenta
Highest Rated-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!