Saturday, September 18, 2021

Week 37 Reviews: Imagineer, Excantation


From Goodreads:
Imagination has no limit…

Our Heroine: Me. And boy, are we all in trouble. A seventeen-year-old with a love of fantasy and unmanageable hair? Hardly anyone's idea of the knight in shining armor. I went about life with no idea the world around me was not as it seemed, until one dark night I saw glimpses of things I knew shouldn't exist.

I've got enough problems of my own to deal with, but the glimpses of what I'm certain is a magical world that tantalize me like no other. When I find a pair of turquoise glasses that allow me to properly see everything, I put those bad boys on without a second of hesitation.

I probably should have hesitated. I'm now neck deep in kobolds, pookas, magic castles, youkai, unruly werewolves, talking houses, and an ancient magical mystery in need of solving.

Oh, and magic lessons. Turns out I'm an Imagineer, which was totally unexpected. An Imagineer creates by using imagination, willpower, and magic to form whatever they wish. Their only limitation is imagination, and imagination? Has no limits.

At least, if you're doing it right. 

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I have ever done.

Our Heroine: still me. A sleep-deprived me, which, considering I'm a murder and ten cups of coffee away from showing my displeasure to the world, and there're clans to save, is not a good combination.

Fixing the ancient Hub transportation system is becoming more and more of a priority in order to help with situations like, oh, THE AMAZON BURNING DOWN. Only problem? We don't know where the Hub is. Or how it was built. Or why it was shut down to begin with.

Houston, we have all the problems.

Is it too much to ask for an alien abduction?

My Review:
I had such a blast reading this book! I've been reading Honor Raconteur's books, but really only the ones that she's currently writing. And this series is in the middle, because it was first published around the time that I found her books, and with a sequel publication date that was up in the air because it hadn't been written yet. So I held off on this series, and now it's almost been a year since book 2 came out, so I figured now was a good time to read it! 

This world was so much fun,. The concept of Imagineers is so fascinating! That if they can imagine it, hold all the layers an item can have, in their head, they can create it? It's just so freaking cool, though it does sound like a lot of brain power to tuse! 

I felt so badly for Reagan, though. between her parent's lack of interest or attention for her, and the way her friend treated her, well, she was better off. And her found family was just adorable, and tight knit and well deserved! 

Oh man, though. The first book is more lighthearted and fun, because she's just getting introduced into this world. There were two moments that were hilarious. The ducks, which you can read a teaser of here, and the moon viewing party. I just found those just laugh out loud funny! The second was more serious, because it was a whole world problem that they were working on, and it was pretty intense!

I'm curious as to see whether or not we'll get more books in this series or if it's going to be a duology. I mean, the story fairly well wraps up the plot points, as far as I can tell. And the end of Excantation was going off about how this was such a big accomplishment, how were they going to top it? So I'm curious.

This was such a great series, I loved reading it, and if there's more, I'll gladly read it! 

Author: Honor Raconteur 
Series: Imagineer #1, 2
Read: September 12th, 12th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it sounded really great, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books!
Publisher: Raconteur House Inc
Published: June 13th 2019, December 10th 2020

Imagineer:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Excantation:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!