Saturday, September 18, 2021

Week 37 Review: The Girl Who Was Supposted to Die

From Goodreads:
"Take her out back and finish her off."

She doesn't know who she is. She doesn't know where she is, or why. All she knows when she comes to in a ransacked cabin is that there are two men arguing over whether or not to kill her.

And that she must run.

In her riveting style, April Henry crafts a nail-biting thriller involving murder, identity theft, and biological warfare. Follow Cady and Ty (her accidental savior turned companion), as they race against the clock to stay alive.

My Review:
This book was just over 200 pages, and it's a thriller, and I just dove right on in. And things start off pretty intense, with her in a horrible situation and without her memory it was absolutely a page turner! I had to know what was going to happen next! 

From the beginning, this book was such a thrill ride, because it starts off with that "finish her off" line from the synopsis, and everything from there, yeah, it's one thing to another. Sure, there's some breathing room, but there was a lot going on! 

One thing that I have to say, is that I found the switch from her having no memories, to regaining them, a little strange. She doesn't really react when she gets them, it's just like, Ok, they're there. And I would've liked a little bit of a reaction, given that a lot of the plot to this point was on those missing memories, and why all of this is happening to her. 

But once she did remember, things changed gears, before, she was on defensive, and trying to find out this information, now that she had it, she moved to more on the offense, and more strategically, and yeah, really enjoyed how it all played out! 

I had a really great time reading this book, and I really need to read more of April Henry's books! 

Author: April Henry 
Read: September 11th 2021
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded good, and it's a SAC 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Published: June 11th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!