Saturday, September 18, 2021

Week 37 Review: Master of Tomes

From Goodreads:
Mei's checklist for the next year is simple. On the surface, at least.

Travel into the past to get the necessary instructions - check.

Travel back into the present to defeat Odom, Zaffi, and Kovel Below - check.

Actually defeat Odom, Zaffi, and Kovel Below - well...that's a work in progress.

Mei Li and her team of experts have no time to catch their breath before the next wave of magical problems hit them. Saving the world will take stamina, patience, magic, and time. And a little help from dragons.

And by a little, she means a lot.

Mei Li is ready for the world-ending disasters to be over, please and thank you.

My first review of 
Master of Tomes
My Review:
I wasn't planning on rereading this book. It just came out, I just read it, last month. But I just read 2 of her books, and I needed to read more, and I did, and I picked this one because I just love this series so much, and I wanted to see how it ended again!

Mei Li and Shunlei are just amazing. The idea of his waiting 5000+ years for his wife to come back, of a relationship of that strength, it's just mind-boggling. I'm just so glad that they do have that future, that now that things are unknown for the both of them, they can go to the future together! 

I do wish that we could've seen Donlan's reaction to their story, but the chapter ended with Mei saying that there was a story to tell, and then the next started when they were at the temple. Because I mean, she went into the past 5000 years, was one of the original members of the first group of fighters against these threats and she married Shunlei then. I mean, it's an epic story, and I want to see all the reactions!

Things wrap up very nicely in this book, with the way that all the problems that she went to the past were solved, as well as the mystery of what happened to Abe. I do wish that we could have a little bit more of this world, like seeing Hui's reaction to Mei, because while he only had a small part at the beginning of the first book, it would've been pretty great to have things come full circle! 

Yeah this book was just a really fantastic read, and I really need to read more of Honor Raconteur's books! 

Author: Honor Raconteur
Series: The Tomes of Kaleria #3
First Read: August 20th, 2021
Read: September 12th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading because I need it again, and it's a End of Series 2021 Book and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Honor Raconteur 
Published: August 20th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!