Thursday, September 23, 2021

Will the Time Come #538, September 23rd

Every Thursday I am going to list a book which I really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! Thanks to Jodie from Books for Company for this meme!
Want to Join?
-Pick a book you have been meaning to read
-Do a post telling us about the book    
-Link the post up in the linky  
-Visit the other blogs

From Goodreads:
In twelfth-century England, St. Jude's Abbey is no ordinary sanctuary of prayer and ritual. Established by Eleanor of Aquitaine, it trains young women in the knightly arts, as well as martial arts from the East. In times of trouble, these formidable women are called upon to protect the royal family and England. Mallory de Saint-Sebastian is one such woman...
Summoned in the middle of the night, Mallory must leave the Abbey to protect the Queen's life as a revolt against King Henry rages. With a knight's sense of obligation, she is determined not only to shield Eleanor but to find the enemies threatening her life.

Arriving at St. Jude's Abbey, Saxon Fitz-Juste is amazed by the Queen's choice of a female knight as her newest warrior. A troubadour in Eleanor's royal court, Saxon is ostensibly loyal to Her Majesty - but his true mission remains to be seen.

Although Mallory knows firsthand how dangerous and destructive lust can be, she and Saxon are drawn to each other. But she may soon discover once again how deceit can turn love into hate...

Why the time hasn't come yet...
I don't know! I was enjoying this series, and I own it all. But it has been a while since I read the first two books, though I think I remember a lot of what happens in them...What about you guys? Happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!