Saturday, September 18, 2021

Week 37 Review: Unknown

From Goodreads:
Living among mortals, the djinn Cassiel has developed a reluctant affection for them—especially for Warden Luis Rocha. As the mystery deepens around the kidnapping of innocent Warden children, Cassiel and Luis are the only ones who can investigate both the human and djinn realms. But the trail will lead them to a traitor who may be more powerful than they can handle...

My Review:
I was dying to read this book. Between the ending of the previous book in this series, and the ending of Cape Storm, because I've been following publication order, well, there's so many killer endings and questions, and I just needed to know what was going to happen next! 

But after this book, I am changing it up, because I've read the finales of both this series and Weather Warden, and they end at the same point, and Total Eclipse has a epilogue and Unbroken doesn't, so I'm going to finish this series next, and then read Total Eclipse. Yeah.

But diving into this book, Cassiel and Luis are on the hunt for Isabel and Pearl. This book is fast paced and addicting to read, and I just couldn't put it down! Things are pretty tense between the two of them, and oh, did I love how that tension changed!

Oh, but that ending! That was so fantastic to read, and I can't wait to see how things are going to play out in the future, Pearl's a huge threat, and while Cassiel hasn't made that choice yet, it's one that's open for her to make, and that's a bit terrifying! 

Loved reading this book, and now to finish off this series! 

Author: Rachel Caine
Series: Outcast Season #2, Weather Warden Universe #10
Read: September 17th, 2021
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her writing and this world, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Roc
Published: February 1st 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!