Saturday, March 5, 2022

Week 9 Review: Breaking Sky

From Goodreads:
Fly to the last drop of fuel. Fight to the last drop of blood.
Showoff. Reckless. Maverick. Chase Harcourt, call sign "Nyx," isn't one to play it safe. In the year 2048, America is locked in a cold war and the country's best hope is the elite teen fighter pilots of the United Star Academy. Chase is one of only two daredevil pilots chosen to fly an experimental "Streaker" jet. But few know the pain and loneliness of her past. All anyone cares about is that Chase aces the upcoming Streaker trials, proving the prototype jet can knock the enemy out of the sky.

But as the world tilts toward war, Chase cracks open a military secret. There's a third Streaker, whose young hotshot pilot, Tristan, can match her on the ground and in the clouds. And Chase doesn't play well with others. But to save her country, she may just have to put her life in the hands of the competition.

Cori McCarthy's taut, romantic, action adventure will shoot your pulse straight into overdrive with her brilliantly imagined and frighteningly possible future. BREAKING SKY has also been optioned for film by Sony Pictures.

My Review:
I absolutely loved reading this book! That opening just hooked me-and I had to know how we got to that point, because it immediately jumps back in time, and I thoroughly enjoyed the story of how things developed to get where it did! Such a great read!

It does say that it was optioned for film, and this book did come out in 2015, but it looks like nothing has become of it, as far as I can tell, which is a little sad, because it would be a pretty blockbuster movie, all that action and flying! Too bad!

This book was so fast paced, and I loved it! With the fact that there's a third Streaker and the pilot is just as good as her, well, I had to know more! The writing worked really well, with things like the descriptions of the flying being so vibrant! 

Reading about Chase, I have mixed feelings. Most are positive, but she is reckless and a rule breaker. She has her past, and I enjoyed watching her journey to open up more to people. Plus her relationship with Tristan was really great to read! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Cori McCarthy! 

Author: Cori McCarthy
Read: February 26th, 2022
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved her other book, and it's a 2022 Dystopia Book and a SAC 2022 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: March 10th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Star

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!