Saturday, August 20, 2022

Week 33 Review: Kate in Waiting

From Goodreads:
Contrary to popular belief, best friends Kate Garfield and Anderson Walker are not codependent. Carpooling to and from theater rehearsals? Environmentally sound and efficient. Consulting each other on every single life decision? Basic good judgment. Pining for the same guys from afar? Shared crushes are more fun anyway.

But when Kate and Andy's latest long-distance crush shows up at their school, everything goes off script. Matt Olsson is talented and sweet, and Kate likes him. She really likes him. The only problem? So does Anderson.

Turns out, communal crushes aren't so fun when real feelings are involved. This one might even bring the curtains down on Kate and Anderson's friendship.

My Review:
This was a really great read! I loved the relationship that these twos had, and all the ups and down that they went through because of a boy, because of their circumstances. Plus there's the backdrop of theater, and that was so much fun! 

The fact that Anderson is a black, gay boy in the South, that was fantastic representation! And I can't imagine how hard it would be, because people are intolerant of LGBT, and of non-white people, that'd be a double helping of nastiness. And that's not all the representation there was in this book which was really great!  

I loved their relationship. Personality-wise, they're pretty similar, and where they're different, it's complimentary. And their mutual taste in boys normal doesn't cause a problem, because the boys aren't close. But when Matt starts coming to their school, the drama ensues. And I enjoyed watching them work through it! 

The way things work out, with their relationships, platonic and romantic, I was thrilled with that! They had some pretty big ups and dones, Kate and Andy, and their hearts take some blows, but I really enjoyed who ended up with whom! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Becky Albertalli! 

Author: Becky Albertalli
Read: August 15th, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great and I love this series, and it's a SAC 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Published: April 20th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!