Saturday, August 27, 2022

Week 34 Reviews: The Inheritance Games, The Hawthorne Legacy


A Cinderella story with deadly stakes and thrilling twists, perfect for fans of One of Us is Lying and Knives Out.

Avery Grambs has a plan for a better future: survive high school, win a scholarship, and get out. But her fortunes change in an instant when billionaire Tobias Hawthorne dies and leaves Avery virtually his entire fortune. The catch? Avery has no idea why--or even who Tobias Hawthorne is. To receive her inheritance, Avery must move into sprawling, secret passage-filled Hawthorne House, where every room bears the old man's touch--and his love of puzzles, riddles, and codes.

Unfortunately for Avery, Hawthorne House is also occupied by the family that Tobias Hawthorne just dispossessed. This includes the four Hawthorne grandsons: dangerous, magnetic, brilliant boys who grew up with every expectation that one day, they would inherit billions. Heir apparent Grayson Hawthorne is convinced that Avery must be a con-woman, and he's determined to take her down. His brother, Jameson, views her as their grandfather's last hurrah: a twisted riddle, a puzzle to be solved. Caught in a world of wealth and privilege, with danger around every turn, Avery will have to play the game herself just to survive. 

From Goodreads:
The Inheritance Games ended with a bombshell, and now heiress Avery Grambs has to pick up the pieces and find the man who might hold the answers to all of her questions - including why Tobias Hawthorne left his entire fortune to Avery, a virtual stranger, rather than to his own daughters or grandsons.

Thanks to a DNA test, Avery knows that she's not a Hawthorne by blood, but clues pile up hinting at a deeper connection to the family than she had ever imagined. As the mystery grows and the plot thickens, Grayson and Jameson, the enigmatic and magnetic Hawthorne grandsons, continue to pull Avery in different directions. And there are threats lurking around every corner, as adversaries emerge who will stop at nothing to see Avery out of the picture - by any means necessary.

My first review of The Inheritance Games, The Hawthorne Legacy
My second review of The Inheritance Games

My Review:
I love reading these books, I love Jennifer Lynn Barnes' writing, and the final book is coming out next week. Of course I had to read them again! I love them so much, I love Kylie's story and these mysteries, and they were just both such great reads! 

Knowing what was going to happen didn't mean that I didn't love reading these books. I forgot some details, like what exactly happened with Emily, or the details of the ending of Hawthorne Legacy with Toby and all the secrets and reveals there. 

These books are just so clever, there's so many pieces that lead to more pieces that solve these riddles, as they find the clues that the old man left them, deal with all the baggage that they've been dragging around, and deal with their feelings for one another. It's just so wonderful to read! 

I had an impression from my first read of The Hawthorne Legacy, that Kylie was going to make a choice. And I'm not sure how I got it, because I didn't get it this time. I have no idea, but I need The Final Gambit, not only for the mystery of that coin thing, but for the romance! 

Loved reading these books so much, and I'm so excited for The Final Gambit! I need to read it now! 

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Series: The Inheritance Games #1, 2
First Read: September 2nd, 2020, September 7th, 2021
Second Read: September 6th 2021
Read: August 24th, 25th, 2022
Source: Own, Bought
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Books!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: September 1st 2020, September 7th 2021

The Inheritance Games:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Hawthorne Legacy:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!