Saturday, August 27, 2022

Week 34 Review: A Turn of the Tide

From Goodreads:
In Thorne Manor there is one locked door. Behind it lies a portal to the twenty-first century, and nothing is going to stop Miranda Hastings from stepping through. After all, she is a Victorian writer of risqué pirate adventures—traveling to the future would be the greatest adventure of them all.

When Miranda goes through, though, she lands in Georgian England…and in the path of Nicolas Dupuis, a privateer accused of piracy. Sheltered by locals, Nico is repaying their kindness by being their "pirate Robin Hood," stealing from a corrupt lord and fencing smuggled goods on the village's behalf.

Miranda embraces Nico's cause, only to discover there's more to it than he realizes. Miranda has the second sight, and there are ghosts at play here. The recently deceased former lord is desperate to stop his son from destroying his beloved village. Then there's the ghost of Nico's cabin boy, who he thought safe in a neighboring city. Miranda and Nico must solve the mystery of the boy's death while keeping one step ahead of the hangman.

It may not be the escapade Miranda imagined, but it is about to be the adventure of a lifetime.

My Review:
I had a fantastic time reading this book! I love this series and Kelley Armstrong's writing, and I love the idea of a space that can send you through time. And the idea that it can send people further back in time, not just between the present and the 19th century, is so cool! 

I loved the twists and turns of this book! From the beginning with the going into the further past, to the ghost of the cabin boy to some hard truths, this book had a fantastic mystery, and I loved watching it unfold with these characters! 

In different ways, both Miranda and Nicolas are outcast. He's got the blood of nobility and slaves in his veins, and she's a woman who just wants to do what she wants, regardless of what society thinks. They both know how it feels like, and they both knew what they wanted-I really enjoyed their interactions! 

The way things came together was fantastic. I loved how the time stitch helped, and I'm wondering about that one flash that they saw. So excited to see where this series goes from here, and who it'll follow, it could be someone on the Thorne family tree, or someone related to Bronwyn, depending on when her family acquired it...

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait for more in this series! 

Author: Kelley Armstrong 
Series: A Stitch in Time #3
Read: August 25th, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Historical Fiction 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: KLA Fricke Inc
Expected Publication: October 4th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!