Saturday, May 6, 2023

Week 18 Review: All In a Name

From Goodreads:
Someone left Jamie a prezzie and she would like to return it with a no thank you.

It all starts with a dead Robert Martin, the man who killed RM Burtchell. Jamie doesn't know how, but it's obvious he was yanked out of high security prison, murdered, and dumped on her front doorsteps.

Now the situation is entirely out of control. Someone obviously wants her attention–her people are being targeted and hurt, they can't catch a lead, and it's bringing up Belladonna vibes.

Jamie would like to request a new plot device.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I love this series so much, it's what got me hooked on Honor Raconteur's writing, and I just love the updates into their lives while they are dealing with the latest cast. And this one opened up with Henri making some proposal plans! 

This is the first case that has tied back to a previous one, which was pretty interesting, given that it's the culprit, the murderer of their 3rd case that got a case file. Which makes it personal. And with the Belladonna vibes, yeah, that makes it even more so, of why Jamie is here in the first place, and the trauma that she went through. 

The introduction of Seaton's mom, Miss Chantel, was so great! It makes total sense, the way Seaton is the way he is. She was so hilarious, and she'll make an excellent member of the team, and I hope that she'll attend future Girls Nights! 

The resolution of this book was really satisfying! After all that they did, well, their motives were among the worst, and that they caused all that pain, and for what? So it was really great to see them being taken down! And that the Queens' Own officially opening and being fully staffed, that's great news for their future cases! I can't wait! 

This was a fantastic, amazing read, and I can't wait for the next in the series! 

Author: Honor Raconteur
Series: Case Files of Henri Davenforth #9
Read: May 5th, 2023 
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Raconteur House
Published: May 5th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!