Saturday, June 10, 2023

Week 23 Review: Fault Line

From Goodreads:
Ben could date anyone he wants, but he only has eyes for the new girl—sarcastic free-spirit Ani. Luckily for Ben, Ani wants him too. She's everything Ben could ever imagine. Everything he could ever want.

But that all changes after the party. The one Ben misses. The one Ani goes to alone.
Now Ani isn't the girl she used to be, and Ben can't sort out the truth from the lies. What really happened, and who is to blame?

Ben wants to help her, but she refuses to be helped. The more she pushes Ben away, the more he wonders if there's anything he can do to save the girl he loves.

My Review:
This isn't really my kind of book, I'm not one much for contemporaries. But I own this book, and I have for a while, so I had to read it, because I'm a book reader as well as book collector. And it was a good book, a good story, it just wasn't something that I would've picked up normally.  

From the synopsis, I surmised that she was probably assaulted at the party that he didn't go to. Or maybe she was told something about him, true or false, that changed her opinion of him, but I was pretty sure it was something alone the lines of the former. But there were some really hard things dealt with in this book, and they are not shied away from.

Both of these characters were really great to read about. Ben was a sweetie, and Ani was so much fun, and the changes that she went through, it was hard for both of them, her because they were happening to her, and him, because he didn't know what to do. 

This story is frighteningly real. I can imagine this happening in real, and I know something along these lines has happened, and I feel so badly for those that have had to go through this. So I'm glad that this story exists, so those that need it, have it. 

I enjoyed reading this book, but in the end, it's not one that was really for me. 

Author: Christa Desir 
Read: June 3rd, 2023
Source: Own
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2023 Book!  
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: September 30th 2014
5/5 Hearts
2/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!