Saturday, June 10, 2023

Week 23 Review: XOXO

From Goodreads:
Cello prodigy Jenny has one goal: to get into a prestigious music conservatory. When she meets mysterious, handsome Jaewoo in her uncle's Los Angeles karaoke bar, it's clear he's the kind of boy who would uproot her careful plans. But in a moment of spontaneity, she allows him to pull her out of her comfort zone for one unforgettable night of adventure…before he disappears without a word.

Three months later, when Jenny and her mother arrive in South Korea to take care of her ailing grandmother, she's shocked to discover that Jaewoo is a student at the same elite arts academy where she's enrolled for the semester. And he's not just any student. He's a member of one of the biggest K-pop bands in the world—and he's strictly forbidden from dating.

When a relationship means throwing Jenny's life off the path she's spent years mapping out, she'll have to decide once and for all just how much she's willing to risk for love.

My first review of XOXO
My Review:
I loved reading this story again! I was debating on whether or not I should, but in the end I decided that I had to, because I loved it the first time, and I wanted to read it again! And I'm glad I did, because now I know that there's going to be a companion novel with Sori and Nathaniel! 

Jenny is a really good, kind person. She and Sori had a rough start to being roommates, because she read the postcard, but when Sori was being bullied, Jenny came in to help. I really enjoyed their relationship, that Jenny made some really close knit friends! 

Music is a big part of this book, Jenny is a cellist, and Jaewoo is a member of a K-Pop band. And they attend a school with a focus on the performing arts. And the struggle between wanting to be the best at their respective talents and having lives to live was real! 

And of course I loved the two of them together! It was so cute and swoony, and there's that element of celebrity love, even though she didn't know he was famous right away. That he's a celebrity in a K-Pop band, and the various requirements-like no dating-just furthered complicated things, but I loved watching them work it out! 

This was a really fantastic book, and I can't wait to read more by Axie Oh! 

Author: Axie Oh
First Read: October 2nd, 2021
Read: June 9th, 2023
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading and it's a SAC 2023 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: July 13th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!