Saturday, June 24, 2023

Week 25 Reviews: Boyfriend Material, Husband Material


Luc O'Donnell is tangentially - and reluctantly - famous. His rock-star parents split when he was young, and the father he's never met spent the next 20 years cruising in and out of rehab. Now that his dad's making a comeback, Luc's back in the public eye, and one compromising photo is enough to ruin everything.

To clean up his image, Luc has to find a nice normal relationship...and Oliver Blackwood is as nice and normal as they come. He's a barrister, an ethical vegetarian, and someone who has never inspired a moment of scandal in his life. In other words, he's perfect boyfriend material. Unfortunately, apart from being gay, single, and really really in need of a date for a big event, Luc and Oliver have nothing in common. So they strike a deal to be publicity-friendly (fake) boyfriends until the dust settles. Then they can go their separate ways and pretend it never happened.

But the thing about fake-dating is that it can feel a lot like real-dating. And that's when you get used to someone...start falling for them...don't ever want to let them go.

Wanted:
One (very real) husband
Nowhere near perfect but desperately trying his best

In BOYFRIEND MATERIAL, Luc and Oliver met, pretended to fall in love, fell in love for real, dealt with heartbreak and disappointment and family and friends…and somehow figured out a way to make it work. Now it seems like everyone around them is getting married, and Luc's feeling the social pressure to propose. But it'll take more than four weddings, a funeral, and a bowl full of special curry to get these two from I don't know what I'm doing to I do.

Good thing Oliver is such perfect HUSBAND MATERIAL.

This Summer 2022, you're invited to the event(s) of the season.

My Review:
I had a fantastic time reading these books! I loved reading this story about one chaotic guy and a very precise guy, at first fake dating, but developing real feelings. It was just so good, and I loved reading about the pair of them! 

That they get into this situation of fake dating is a bit hilarious, but it sucks that Luc had to go to these lengths because of his job and family. But I'm glad it happened, because it meant that he ended up spending all this time with Oliver, which I loved, they were so great together! 

Traditionally, once a relationship is stable, the next step is marriage. and I loved all the shenanigans that happened as Luc and Oliver went down that road, after being surrounded by so many other weddings. Side note, I love their friend group so, so much! 

I'm not sure if this series is over now or not. I really enjoyed where Husband Material left them, they're in a really good spot. But I wouldn't mind seeing more of their lives and what adventures that they might get into! 

These were such great reads, and I can't wait to read more from Alexis Hall! 

Author: Alexis Hall
Series: London Calling #1, 2
Read: June 23rd, 23rd, 2023
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded really great and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Books!
Publisher: Dreamscape Media, LLC
Published: July 7th 2020, August 2nd 2022

Boyfriend Material:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Husband Material:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!