Saturday, June 24, 2023

Week 25 Review: Godslayers

From Goodreads:
Godslayers--Zoe Hana Mikuta's high-octane sequel to Gearbreakers--is perfect for fans of Pacific Rim, Pierce Brown's Red Rising Saga, and Marie Lu's Legend series.

The only way to kill a god is from the inside...

The Gearbreakers struck a devastating blow against Godolia on Heavensday, but the cost of victory has been steep. Months later, the few rebels who've managed to escape the tyrannical empire's bloody retribution have fled to the mountains, hunted by the last Zenith--Godolia's only surviving leader.

Eris has been held prisoner since the attack on the capital city, which almost killed her. And she begins to wish it had when she discovers Sona--the girl she loves, the girl she would tear down cities for--also survived, only to be captured and Corrupted by the Zenith. The cybernetic brainwashing that Sona has forcibly undergone now has her believing herself a loyal soldier for Godolia, and Eris' mortal enemy.

With the rebellion shattered and Godolia moving forward with an insidious plan to begin inducting Badlands children into a new Windup Pilot program, the odds have never been more stacked against the Gearbreakers. Their last hope for victory will depend on whether Eris and Sona can somehow find their way back to each other from opposite sides of a war...

My Review:
I loved reading this book so much! I loved the first one, and I had to know how things would end! With that ending of the previous book, I didn't know how they'd get back together and help Sona out of her brainwashing. This book got into things so quickly! 

I did feel like this book was slightly disjointed, because there were sections, where Sona is still brainwashed, to coming out of it, and then stuff with Godolia, so that was a bit strange. But I still really enjoyed the story!

Sometimes, the actions of Enyo just didn't make sense to me, and sometimes it didn't to the characters, either. Thought in the end, it didn't matte to much, given what he decided to do, though on the other hand, some of his actions did lead to their victory.

There were so many great moments in this book, with Sona and Eris together, and Jenny being her wild and inventive self. There were also some hard moments, like that one betrayal, and some of that ending was hard. But I loved where the story went! 

This was such a great read and I can't wait to read more by Zoe Hana Mikuta! 

Author: Zoe Hana Mikuta 
Series: Gearbreakers #2
Read: June 22nd, 2023 
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a End of Series 2023 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and Sophomore Challenge Book!
Publisher: Feiwel Friends
Published: June 28th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!