Saturday, June 17, 2023

Week 24 Reviews: Innocent Darkness, Charmed Vengeance


Wish. Love. Desire. Live.

Sixteen-year-old Noli Braddock's hoyden ways land her in an abusive reform school far from home. On mid-summer's eve she wishes to be anyplace but that dreadful school. A mysterious man from the Realm of Faerie rescues her and brings her to the Otherworld, only to reveal that she must be sacrificed, otherwise, the entire Otherworld civilization will perish.

From Goodreads:
In the Faerie realm, Noli Braddock's relationship with her best friend V has grown into something more. But V's mother, Faerie Queen Tiana, has ruled that they are forbidden to see each other. Returning to the mortal realm, Noli joins the crew of her brother's air-pirate ship, the Vixen's Revenge. There she discovers that her brother has hired the scallywag Faerie huntsman, Kevighn Silver. While serving as shipmates, Kevighn and Noli learn that the Earth Court King plans to find a forbidden artifact--one that will bring destruction to everyone Noli loves.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading these books again, especially back to back! I had to, since I never read the last book, and it's been so long, it was basically like reading these books again for the first time! I loved being in this world with these characters again! 

These books, between the pair of them, have a good balance of steampunk and faerie, which makes sense, since a typical Faerie trait is no iron, so it was good that we spent a good amount of time in both places, it worked really well! 

This is Noli's story, she's not a docile, obedient and quiet like was the ideal for females her age at the time, which is why she's sent to reform school. I felt so badly for her and V that they had to go on this journey, especially when they had to part, but it was so great to read! 

I'm so excited to see how things are going to resolve in the final book! I've loved these characters so much, and I want Noli and V to have happiness together, I'm just not sure how they're going to accomplish it, but I want to read it so badly! 

Absolutely loved reading these books again and I can't wait to finish out this series! 

Author: Suzanne Lazear
Series: The Aether Chronicles #1, 2
First Read: August 16th, 2012, December 27th, 2013
Read: June 14th, 15th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Historical Fiction 2023 Books and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Books!
Publisher: Flux
Published: August 8th 2012, August 8th 2013

Innocent Darkness:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars







Charmed Vengeance:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!