Saturday, July 29, 2023

Week 30 Review: The Company of Fiends

After eight years on the stage with The Company of Fiends, the glow of the spotlight is starting to wear thin for Hazel Nix. The theater is perfect for a girl like her—one with a secret she keeps even from her more monstrous peers—but playing pretend is only exciting for so long. After so many lovers, on stage and otherwise, Hazel has yet to make a lasting connection with anyone and considers taking her last bow at the company.

Just as Hazel encounters a new and intriguing patron, disaster strikes the theater. Girls are going missing and suspiciously bad luck plagues the stage. Between ex-lovers, current bed partners, and new faces at the theater, Hazel's heart is tangled more than ever and she finds it increasingly impossible to draw herself away from the life she's known for so long.

It is time to make a choice. Start fresh before she's drawn into the mess, or take a stand and fight for the family she's found in the strangest of places. 

My first review of The Company of Fiends
My Review:
I had a really great time reading this book again! I wasn't planning on it, but I started Sanctuary of Kings, and almost immediately got the urge to read this book, so I changed my plans to pick this one up now, and that one after. And I'm glad I did, because one or two of the guys from that book were in this book! 

Hazel has been a part of the company for 8 years, and she's lost the joy of performing. But then a series of events-and some guys who start to awaken her heart-change things, and while it was difficult to overcome the thoughts that she was going to run away that she was taught by her dad because of her mom.

Watching her start to collect her men, some that she'd known with the company for years, others that are new, that she's just meeting. They were all different, they all gave something to the relationship, something that someone in the relationship needed.

Plus there's developments in the Birsha plot, given that he wants females that have that much time between the sheets with monster men. I loved watching how they dealt with it, and I'm so excited to see how things are going to wrap up!  

Loved reading this book again, and I can't wait to finish out this story arc! 

Author: Kathryn Moon 
Series: Tempting Monsters #2
First Read: July 31st, 2022  
Read: July 23rd, 2023 
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Historical Fiction 2023 Book and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Kathryn Moon 
Published: June 23rd 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!