Saturday, July 22, 2023

Week 29 Review: Rogue Princess

From Goodreads:
A princess fleeing an arranged marriage teams up with a snarky commoner to foil a rebel plot in B. R. Myers' Rogue Princess, a gender-swapped sci-fi YA retelling of Cinderella.

Princess Delia knows her duty: She must choose a prince to marry in order to secure an alliance and save her failing planet. Yet she secretly dreams of true love, and feels there must be a better way. Determined to chart her own course, she steals a spaceship to avoid the marriage, only to discover a handsome stowaway.

All Aidan wanted was to "borrow" a few palace trinkets to help him get off the planet. Okay, so maybe escaping on a royal ship wasn’t the smartest plan, but he never expected to be kidnapped by a runaway princess!

Sparks fly as this headstrong princess and clever thief battle wits, but everything changes when they inadvertently uncover a rebel conspiracy that could destroy their planet forever.

My Review:
This was such a great story! I didn't read the synopsis closely enough so I was surprised by the fac that it was a gender swapped Cinderella, but it was a pleasant surprise! I had such a great time listening to this book! 

This was a really thrilling read! I wanted to know more about this princess who was getting ready to pick her future spouse for the future of her planet, but wanted to come up with a different method then marriage to do so. And Aidan, overworked by his stepfamily, thieving to make a fund to be able to escape this planet. They were both fantastic to read about! 

I think I put the pieces together right around with the author wanted the reader to, because there was that whole scene with his stepfamily, and then he didn't remember it. Combined with everything that we'd been told, I guessed that he was an android. I loved being right! 

Once things started to go down, they went down quickly! There were some really tense moments, and some really emotional moments, and I really enjoyed seeing how things were resolved! It was so great to read! 

This was a fantastic and entertaining read and I had a really great time with it! 

Author: B.R. Myers 
Read: July 20th, 2023
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a 2023 Retelling Reading Challenge Book and a SAC 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Dreamscape Media
Published: January 1st 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!