Saturday, August 5, 2023

Week 31 Review: Sanctuary With Kings

From Goodreads:
Evanthia has spent half her life trapped inside the Seven Veils. When the house crumbles, she seizes her moment and runs from Birsha and his twisted pleasures. But pleasure is what she needs to survive, and the dark streets of London leave her starving and vulnerable.

Rescued by a mysterious monster who vows her sanctuary, Evanthia must piece back the woman that Birsha tore apart. Quiet sanctuary is no cure for her endless hunger, but the war brewing on the horizon is the last place she wants to be. Hiding with sleeping dragons and lonely monsters in a castle made from dreams might be a fantasy, but it's not enough to keep the nightmares at bay.

When not even Evanthia's tired heart can remain dormant in the tender care of the kings who keep her safe, she must make the decision. Hide from her past forever, or face the man she fears most on the battlefield.

My Review:
Oh, this was a really fantastic end to this story arc. I don't know if it's the end of the series or not, but this is the one where Birsha is finally taken down, and it was so very satisfying! I had such a great time with Evanthia and her men! 

I will say, that this was the book that took me the longest to get into. Evanthia is recovering from her imprisonment, and that's not an easy thing to do, and it makes sense. But it wasn't the easiest for me to get into. 

But there is a reason why Birsha captured her, because of how she is strengthened by sex, and that's what he peddled. But his form of it was just awful, only good for those that weren't forced to do so, like Evanthia was. So it was fantastic that she was rescued.

I loved watching her heal,  and get to know this group of men, who some have played a role in the previous books, and their dynamics with one another were really great, since there was the duo who were committed to one another before all this. Just loved all of them together! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Kathryn Moon! 

Author: Kathryn Moon
Series: Tempting Monsters #3
Read: July 29th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Kathryn Moon
Published: July 20th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!