Saturday, August 5, 2023

Week 31 Review: Timeless

From Goodreads:
The highly anticipated continuation of the Starcrossed saga, the #1 international bestselling series.

A fate avoided

After successfully using a clever bit of trickery to avoid all-out war with the gods and defeat Zeus, Helen sets out to enjoy her final year of high school with Lucas and her friends.

A debt owed

But happily ever after eludes her. Zeus has found a way to strike back at Helen from inside the prison she devised for him. Growing weaker with every one of Zeus' attacks, Helen scrambles to complete the three tasks she owes to the Titans, hurling through time on Cronus’ bidding.

A promise broken

But Helen's odyssey proves to be more challenging than she could have imagined, because Lucas has mysteriously started pulling away from her, burdened by a secret that threatens to tear them apart.

My Review:
I was a bit terrified to read this book. I did read the end, maybe months before I was able to pick this one up, and knowing that we won't get the conclusion to this story until next year at the earliest, yeah, I wanted to put it off. But it was such a fantastic story! 

There was a lot going on in this book-like the fact that Lucas' bargain with Hades started, and oh, that was really rough, that he was keeping that secret. And she was dealing with having Zeus basically throw tantrums, but it was weakening her, since she was still connected to her land. 

The part where it intersects with Scions, yeah, that was so much fun to read, to see things from their perspective, knowing what they know, and that it was a little bit more involved then Daphne saw. 

That ending, well, that just hurt! I mean, the Fates have really shown to be the ultimate villain in the series, and I really can't wait to see how things are going to go, I know Outcasts is going to hurt, but hopefully Endless will heal that wound! 

This was such a great read, and I can't wait to continue! 

Author: Josephine Angelini
Series: Starcrossed #5
Read: July 29th, 2023
Source: Bought 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Sungrazer Publishing, LLC
Published: April 4th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!