Saturday, August 12, 2023

Week 32 Reviews: That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon, Mistlefoe, That Time I Got Drunk and Yeeted a Love Potion at a Werewolf, A Bump In Boohail, That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Human





From Goodreads:
All I wanted to do was live my life in peace. Maybe get a cat, expand my spice farm. Really anything that doesn;t involve going on a quest where an orc might rip my face off. But they say the Goddess has favorites. If so, I'm clearly not one of them.

After saving the demon Fallon in a wine-drunk stupor, all he wanted to do was kill an evil witch enslaving his people.

I mean, I get it. Don't get me wrong. But he's dragging me along for the ride, and I'm kind of peeved about it. On the bright side, he keeps burning off his shirt.

It's all fun and games until someone catches feelings

Fate sends me straight into the lion's den. Or rather, the fox's den. After my dad trespassed into a powerful fox demon's territory, our family is struck with a powerful curse. Now, to remove it, I'll have to appeal to the demon's better nature.

Easier said than done. That arrogant fox demon won't be swayed by an apology basket full of treats. He does, however, need a fake mate for a week-long Winter Festival.

Though I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that our doting lovers' act was becoming harder by the day. The more time I spent with Lucca, the more his irresistible charms get under my skin. Deep down, I know it's all a game. But my heart just can't seem to get the memo. When our week-long affair comes to a close, will I really be able to walk away?

Anyone else ever thrown a drink at someone's head, only to miss entirely and hit a stranger behind them? Then have that stranger fall madly in love with you because it turned out that drink you threw was a love potion? No, just me? Well damn.

Dealing with a pirate ship full of demons that just moved into town was hard enough. Now on top of it, I have to convince a werewolf that I'm not his fated mate, he's just drugged. Easier said than done.

Though I have to say, having a gorgeous man show up and do all of your chores while telling you you're beautiful isn't the worst thing to happen to a girl.

Samhain was the biggest festival of the year. It was the time that the veil between our world and the otherworld thinned, meaning any manner of spirits could come through and wreak havoc. Not that I had anything to worry about with a dragon at my side. This year the festival would be the perfect excuse to snuggle up with my partner and enjoy Fall in full swing. Or at least it would have been, if I could find him.

When I was a little girl, my Ma used to read me stories every night. Some were epic adventures with high stakes and exciting twists while others were of princesses trapped in towers guarded by fierce dragons. The pitiful princess would be stuck inside all day pining for her prince charming to come and rescue her. I always hated those stories. I couldn't imagine why the lazy thing didn't just get up and leave. Ironic since I was now stuck in that same situation. Turns out, when a dragon holds you hostage, he doesn't just let you get up and leave.
Who knew?

When I thought I saw hope on the horizon, that hope was smashed to bits by - you guessed it - another damn dragon.

My Review:


Author: Kimberly Lemming
Series: Mead Mishaps #1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3
Read: August 7th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Books, and That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon is a DAC Book!
Publisher: Kimberly Lemming, Jo Fletcher Books
Published: July 22nd 2021, December 25th 2021, May 16th 2022, October 26th 2022, April 13th 2023

That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Mistlefoe:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








That Time I Got Drunk and Yeeted a Love Potion at a Werewolf:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








A Bump In Boohail:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Human:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!