Saturday, November 4, 2023

Week 44 Reviews: Fire Falling, Tales from the Front


From Goodreads:
Soldier… Sorcerer… Savior… Who is Vhalla Yarl?

Vhalla Yarl marches to war as property of the Solaris Empire. The Emperor counts on her to bring victory, the Senate counts on her death, and the only thing Vhalla can count on is the fight of her life. As she grapples with the ghosts of her past, new challenges in the present threaten to shatter the remnants of her fragile sanity. Will she maintain her humanity? Or will she truly become the Empire's monster?

From Goodreads:
12 stories told from different perspectives that have to be read between book 2, Fire Falling, and book 3, Earth's End.

The order of point of views are:
* Fritz
* Aldrik
* Elecia
* Aldrik
* Fritz
* Reale
* Emperor Solaris
* Jax
* Daniel
* Baldair
* Tim
* Erion

My Review:
I had such a fantastic time continuing this series! I loved spending more time in this world, with these characters, as events continued to unfold around them, as the danger rose, and feelings got more and more complicated! It was all so great!

Fire Falling really gave us more time to get to know these characters while they were gearing up for war, before the war changes them. It also gave Vhalla a chance to practise her powers-and the bond that she has with Aldrik. And the deepening relaitonship that they have with one another.

But oh, that ending just hurt! I need to know what's going to happen next, because it can't just end there! I know it doesn't, but I don't know how they're going to fix it. I'm glad that I have book 3 just ready to go because I need to read it! 

Tales from the Front was really fantastic, it was interesting to see these different perspectives as they got to the front, from her friends, to one of the girls who is pretending to be her, to the emperor. We learned some interesting, and not so great things, being inside all these heads!  

Loved reading these two stories, and I can't wait to continue on with the series! 

Author: Elise Kova
Series: Air Awakens #2, 2.5
Read: November 1st, 1st, 2023 
Source: Audible, Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Books! 
Publisher: Silverwing Press
Published: November 19th 2015, February 10th 2016 

Fire Falling:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Tales from the Front:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!