Sunday, January 28, 2024

I Adopted a Cat-Meet Holly!

So I've been meaning to get my own pet for the longest time, basically since I moved out on my own. I really wanted a dog, since that's what I'm used to, but because I do live alone, I had a lot of negatives to overcome to adopt a dog. And my parents were really pushing for me to get a cat. So last Sunday, the local Humane Society was having a cat adoption event. It was a last minute decision to go-about 2 hours before the event ended. But we went, I met 3 cats, and decided to bring Holly home.










She's 1 1/2 years old, and she was brought to the society on Christmas Eve-thus her name-by, it turns out, one of my co-worker's neighbours, so that's a small world moment! So far, so good, though those first nights were a bit rough because she kept waking me up, but she settled, and that stopped, which was good. 

It's going to be interesting to have her meet up with Jax, we've given her scent to him though a dress I wore while cuddling with her, and my bedding has to be soaked in his scene, so I'm going to see if the vet has any more advice.

I meant to write this post this earlier, but it's been a bit chaotic, because she is my first cat, and I've never had a cat as a family pet, either. So it's been an exciting and a bit scary process, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!