Friday, October 14, 2011

First Lines Friday #14, October 14th

First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

-Grab your current read(s)
-Share the first line(s)
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!

"I'd try to hold on to my stasis dreams as long as I could. It's a game I would play, struggling to keep track of those misty images that were always so easily lost. I'd try to keep myself in stasis. keep my heart beating too slow to feel, refuse to wake up my lungs. Once or twice I managed to hold on so long that Mom panicked and turned on the resuscitator. -A Long Long  Sleep by Anna Sheehan

This is a really good book, and I'll probably be done it by today. So I'll do another book.
"The prisoner stood with his hands tied in front of him, tired, beaten, and filthy but with a proud back befitting his royal Indian heritage. His captor, Lokesh, looked on haughtily from a lavishly carved, gilded throne. Tall, white pillars stood like sentinels around the room." -Tiger's Curse by Collen Houck 

Yep. What about you guys? Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Did you finish A LONG LONG SLEEP? It sounds interesting. It makes me wonder why the character wishes to hold on so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, and it was! Loved it!!! And I think it's because of why she went in there in the first place, because of her family life, and also, because she's an artist, and was inspired by all the colours in her dreams :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!