Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week 42 Review: Every Other Day

From Goodreads:
Every other day, Kali D'Angelo is a normal sixteen-year-old girl. She goes to public high school. She attends pep rallies. She's human.

And then every day in between . . .She's something else entirely.

Though she still looks like herself, every twenty-four hours predatory instincts take over and Kali becomes a feared demon-hunter with the undeniable urge to hunt, trap, and kill zombies, hellhounds, and other supernatural creatures. Kali has no idea why she is the way she is, but she gives in to instinct anyway. Even though the government considers it environmental terrorism.

When Kali notices a mark on the lower back of a popular girl at school, she knows instantly that the girl is marked for death by one of these creatures. Kali has twenty-four hours to save her and, unfortunately, she'll have to do it as a human. With the help of a few new friends, Kali takes a risk that her human body might not survive. . .and learns the secrets of her mysterious condition in the process.



My Review:
Loved, loved, loved this book! So amazing! I loved the powers, and the idea of Darwin finding all these supernatural creatures! So cool! And the classes because of that? Really interesting, and I wish that we had them! That'd be just the best!

I really liked her power, and how this pretty much took place in 3 days, mostly the third, and then one day that was 8 months later for the epilogue. Because that really condensed everything, so it was just so action packed!

I really liked all the creatures, and I loved all the little clues, like the me, mommy, and mama. I thought that was strange when I read it, and when I got to the end, I found out why. So great!

And the romance? A bit sad that he left, but he came back!  So good, and so nice, though not as big in the story as other things. Mostly because they weren't together for the majority of the book, so yeah, that's just fine!

The ending was a bit sad, I wish she didn't have to die, but she knew what she was doing, and what was going to happen. But it was still really sad!

This was just an excellent book, and I really hope you guys check it out because I loved it!

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Read: October 18th, 2011
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like an excellent book!
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Expected Publication: December 27th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!